Windmöller & Hölscher KG (W&H), based in Lengerich/Westfalen,Germany, is an engineering company and international market leader in the field of machinery and equipment for flexible packaging.
Backed by 16 production, service, and sales units in 15 countries, the family enterprise generates more than 80 per cent of turnover from export business. With a staff of 2200 world-wide, 2011 sales were over 500 million Euros.
With its extensive product range encompassing individual machines as well as overall system solutions for Extrusion, Printing, and Conversion, W&H serves the world-wide market of flexible package industries. Another customer group includes manufacturers and contract packaging operations for bulk goods such as fertilizers, petrochemicals, salts, etc., serving their respective segments with W&H bagging systems.
The company was founded in Lengerich/Westfalen in 1869 by Gottfried Windmöller and Hermann Hölscher for the purpose of making cornucopias (triangle-shaped bags) and pharmaceutical capsules by hand. In 1877, they developed the first machine for making cornucopias, and one year later launched the commercial engineering and manufacture of machinery. With the construction of paper sack machines in 1927, the company attained market leadership in this sector and has maintained it ever since. In 1948, the manufacturing program was extended by adding printing machines, followed by plastic film converting equipment in 1967. Today, W&H offers not only individual machines, but also complete production lines consisting of machines that are perfectly matched in regard to material flow and process automation. Turn-key factories for the packaging industry are also part of W&H's business line.