The Viscoball measures accurately the viscosity of transparent Newtonian liquids and gases (with a special glass ball).
DIN 53015 / ISO 12058
Kit of 6 balls
Wide viscosity range covered
Measuring with easy conection to our thermovisc series
Dinamic (cP or mPa·s)
0.5 - 10^5 mPa·s (cP)
0.5 - 105 mPa·s (cP)
- High accuracy through improved visibility of falling ball.
- Minimized test time due to accurate return run of the ball.
- Reduced cost of ownership through increased life time of falling tube.
- Extended re-calibration periods through improved bearing support.
The VISCO BALL viscometer is mainly used for low viscosity substances such as used in:
- Mineral oil industry (oils, liquid hydrocarbons).
- Food industry (sugar solution, honey, beer, milk, gelatine, fruit juice).
- Chemical industry (polymer solutions, solvents, resin solutions, latex dispersions, adhesive solutions).
- Cosmetic/Pharmaceutical industry (raw materials, glycerine, emulsions, suspensions, solutions, extracts).
- Petroleum industry (light crude, machine oil, crude petroleum).
- Fuels (petrol, diesel oil, paraffin).
- Paper industry (emulsions, pigment dispersion, paper additives).
- Paints and varnishes (printing inks, varnishes, water lacquers, inks).
- Detergents (liquid washing agents, washing-up liquids, tenside solu- tions).
The rolling and sliding movements of a ball through the sample liquid are timed in an inclined cylindrical measuring tube. The sample viscosity is correlated to the time a ball requires to traverse a definite distance. By turning the measuring tube upside down again the return of the ball may also be used for an additional measurement applying the return cons- tant. The test results are given as dynamic viscosity in the internationally standardized, absolute units of mPa·s.
Balls 1,2 and G, Borosilicate glass
Balls 3 and 4, Nickel iron alloy
Balls 5 and 6, stainless steel
The instrument is supplied with 6 balls, control thermometer (-1 to +26ºC) cleaning tools, calibration sheet and instruction manual.
Glass thermometer for different temperature ranges
V91002 Glass thermometer +24 to +51 ºC, div. 0.1 ºC
V91003 Glass thermometer +49 to +76 ºC, div. 0.1 ºC
V91004 Glass thermometer +74 to +101 ºC, div. 0.1 ºC
V91005 Glass thermometer +99 to +126 ºC, div. 0.1 ºC
V91107 Ball G for gas measurements
Standard oils of differents viscosities are avaible for calibration.
Complies with DIN 53015 / ISO 12058