Asahi offers a full range of flexographic plates featuring Pinning Technology for Clean Transfer. This unique Asahi plate technology is specifically engineered to transfer all remaining ink to the print substrate due to the photopolymer plates having a lower surface energy than other plates on the market. Not only does this deliver stunning graphical quality, but it also improves overall production efficiencies due to reduced makeready waste and fewer press wash-ups. Asahis plate line includes:
· AWP™-DEF water-washable plates, producing superior results compared to traditional technologies and even outperforming the latest generation of digital flexographic printing plates. The AWP™-DEF plate delivers a level of graphic reproduction with more complete ink transfer and a wider tonal range. With its solvent-free platemaking process, there is no need for high temperature processes and the result is a perfect, dimensionally stable plate that ensures high quality print registration without colour shift.
· AFP™–TOP, a premium digital flexo plate designed primarily for wide-web film printing applications giving the printer a broader colour gamut with soft tonal shades fading out to zero. With superb press stability characteristics, it is able to consistently reproduce and print small dots and is able to print vignettes that run to zero. It delivers an average cost savings of 18% due to improved overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) as compared to standard digital flexo plates, resulting in savings of several hundred thousand euros per year.
· AFP™ – TSP for paper printing applications. These medium-hard plates are tailor-made for paper and higher quality corrugated board applications with water-based inks. TSP plates are compatible with water, solvent and most UV-curable inks, enabling all converters to benefit from Pinning Technology for Clean Transfer. These plates also facilitate homogeneous ink transfer in solid and line work, and better control of ink trapping when different colour inks are printed on top of each other.
New at drupa
“We are not resting on our laurels at Asahi,” Galton adds. “Well be bringing both new products and new concepts with us to drupa.” These include:
· A new AFP™-DCV digital flexo plate, designed to produce Deep Colour Vibrance prints for water- and solvent-based inks in flexible packaging applications. Deep Colour Vibrance is delivered by using a unique polymer solution, giving the best balance between highlight dots and deep vibrant colours within one plate. Deep Colour Vibrance plates represent the first plate solution in the market that combines vibrant colour printing with the Pinning Technology for Clean Transfer OEE features.
· A new AWP™-DEW plate solution, incorporating the renowned quality properties of AWP™ DEF plates with the addition of a faster plate processing speed, making this plate ideal for larger format flexible packaging operations with higher plate throughput. It has the same consistent plate dimensional stability vital for fixed colour palette printing, delivering significant quality and OEE benefits.
In addition to the new products on Asahis booth, the company would also like to invite its customers to see future concepts for flexographic sleeve solutions. Asahis plate on sleeve concept is targeted to deliver excellent register characteristics, which makes it the perfect vehicle for fixed colour palette.
Overall, drupa 2016 is stacking up to be an exciting, vibrant show; and we believe visitors to our stand will see that first-hand from Asahi,” concludes Galton. “We look forward to welcoming visitors, learning more about their businesses, and helping them find ways to improve quality, productivity and profitability in their flexographic operations.”