- Students of École Supérieure de Design de Troyes will take part in a design competition using Pergraphica® premium design paper to create unique marketing giveaways
- Winning designs to be showcased at the international trade fair, drupa 2020 in Düsseldorf, Germany
17 January 2020 – Mondi, global leader in packaging and paper, has today announced its collaboration with the French design school École Supérieure de Design in Troyes, France, for its PERGRAPHICA® premium design paper.
The École Supérieure de Design de Troyes, founded in 2004, is one of the leading design schools in France with a focus on product design, space design, visual communication and design strategy. As part of their final year Bachelor´s studies, students are invited to participate in a series of workshops, culminating in a design competition launched by Mondi. The objective is to develop concepts and visuals highlighting Mondi´s premium design paper, Pergraphica, for use in high-end marketing giveaways, such as notebooks and bags. Pergraphica branded papers are manufactured in Mondi´s Neusiedler production site in Austria and are designed for creative printing and packaging applications.
How students will participate in the design competition:
- The collaboration starts on 17 January 2020 with an introductory presentation by Zoe Truchy, Product and Brand Manager Design Papers at Mondi, describing the project brief and scope to the students in Troyes.
- By the end of March, the students will submit their final projects. These should be innovative and express their creativity, while respecting the overall values and essence of the Pergraphica paper brand: delivering creative ideas on uncoated design paper to inspire, create emotions and leave a unique, tactile impression.
- The winning projects will be selected at the end of March and produced for launch at drupa, the leading printing technology exhibition, held in June 2020 in Düsseldorf, Germany.
“We highly appreciate collaborating with international companies such as the Mondi Group,” says Karima Bidar, graphic designer and teacher at École Supérieure de Design de Troyes. “With this, we offer our students access to working with international companies and design products as part of their studies. The presentation of the winning projects at drupa, the largest printing equipment exhibition in the world, is a fantastic opportunity for them to showcase their skills and creativity to a broad audience.”
“This collaboration underlines our commitment to support the next generation of designers in providing them access to premium design papers and in exploring the versatile possibilities they offer,” states Zoe Truchy, Product and Brand Manager, Mondi.