Ambitious “Vision: 2020s” Plan Boosts Capacity and Speed to Meet Demand
HAPERT, the Netherlands — Apex International, the worlds leading producer of anilox and ink metering technologies, is pleased to announce the implementation of its long-range “Vision: 2020s” plan with significant expansion in each of its five global manufacturing facilities. As part of it's phased growth strategy, new buildings, new production equipment, and new personnel will enable Apex to scale up production capacity while elevating industry benchmarks for quality. Apex is better positioned to meet increased demand from its flexo, label, and corrugated customer base for reliable, predictable, and durable metering products.
“Based on technology and market trends in the last decade, Apex planned major investments into global facilities and capital equipment to address anticipated industry growth,” reported Marian Waterschoot, CEO of Apex International, headquartered in the Netherlands. “We are pleased to now witness the realization of our Vision: 2020s plan. As a result of the packaging industry's recent growth, our customers require our products more promptly – and our expansion meets that worldwide demand.”
Apexs Vision: 2020s plan demonstrates its longstanding commitment to continual process improvement. “Apex reinvests 20% of its revenues into product research and development, new equipment, facility expansion, and professional development,” states Apex Chairman Ken Ralton. “Apex is the sole anilox manufacturer to commit such funding for product innovation and R&D. Our mission is as much scientific and exploratory as it is engineering and manufacturing.”
Each of Apex' manufacturing facilities are in the process of physical plant expansion or receipt of new, state-of-the-art equipment. All new Apex buildings are constructed to ensure energy-efficiency and minimize carbon footprint.
- Apex Italy, based near Milan, is nearing completion on new construction that increases its factory size by 33%. “This expansion allows us to further optimize production cycles and delivery times,” notes Fabio and Stefano Della Torre, Directors of Apex Italy.
- Apex North America, near Pittsburgh, PA, has begun construction planning to double the size of its manufacturing facility and enable a greater warehousing area for its ReadyRoll anilox roll and sleeve in-stock programs. “This long-awaited expansion will give our customers much quicker order turnaround,” affirms Apex North Americas Managing Director Ruud van Cuijk.
- Apex Latin America in southern Brazil will soon take delivery of a new laser which will increase production capability by 25%. Observes Apex Latin America Managing Director Valcinei Bisineli, “This expansion empowers us to meet the soaring demand for flexo and corrugated products in the Latin American market.”
- Apex Asia Pacific near Mumbai, India, recently installed the following new equipment: a laser, a precision CNC grinder, and a latest-technology plasma spray unit which will provide coatings able to withstand the industry's most demanding environments. These investments to the recently-constructed India facility boost production capacity by at least 40% and will enable the manufacture of larger corrugated and coating rolls. FlexoKITE's Asia knowledge lab is based here, complete with the latest technology to take artwork from plate to print, host press demonstrations, seminars, and webinars. An additional ten acres of land was recently acquired for expansion of the Apex Asia Pacific facility.
- Apex Europe in Hapert, the Netherlands, recently completed construction on its FlexoKITE knowledge lab which allows hosting of workshops, webinars, and live-running flexo trials. Further capital manufacturing investments include two new precision CNC grading machines and a ceramic plasma coating unit.
New global staffing within the Apex International ranks include these key appointments:
- Ruud van Cuijk joins Apex North America as Managing Director. Ruud will oversee Apex North Americas factory expansion, business development, and strategic growth. Ruud comes from the Netherlands where his most recent role at Apex HQ in Hapert was CFO, which he continues to hold.
- Joe Settanni takes the reins as Apex North Americas VP/Sales. Joe brings to his new role more than 20 years of technical and anilox sales expertise – including his 6 years of service with Apex – including a wealth of pre-press software, plate, and screen knowledge.
- Mahesh Kode will assume the Apex Asia Pacific role of VP/Sales in mid-April. Having served at executive levels for leading industry suppliers (Siegwerk, Dupont) and global printing converters, Maheshs deep understanding of flexo enhances Apex Asias solutions-and knowledge-driven sales mission.
- Prasenjit Das comes to Apex Asia Pacific to fill the new position of VP/Marketing. He brings 20+ years of flexo experience and knowledge from his previous executive positions at DuPont and Siegwerk.
- Dan Pulling leads Apex new technical education program, FlexoKITE, as Experience Center Manager. Dans deep roots in flexography, pre-press, and plate operations – most recently with ESKO – are suited to FlexoKITEs mission to elevate flexography to a best-practice-oriented, science-based profession.
- Eleazar Meza joins Apex North America as Corrugated Development Manager. His long experience in corrugated production and sales afford him unique skills to guide corrugated customers in streamlining their operations.